What is Faith?

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. ~ Hebrews 11:1

Monday, May 3, 2010

Words of Encouragement


Good morning Lynn,

I am the main architect of our plans to end homelessness in Tacoma/Pierce County. We are making great strides and still facing new challenges in our region. I am inspired by your work and have forwarded your e-mail to our Coalition to End Homelessness membership. I would like to walk beside you for a while when you are in Tacoma this weekend. Raising awareness is a constant battle, and we would like to take advantage of this opportunity.

All my best,

Troy Christensen
Mental Health Manager
Pierce County Human Services
Mental Health and Homeless Initiaives

Lynn,

Bless you for your courageous journey - if more people were as dedicated and passionate as you we would not have a homeless population. I will pass your message on to the people to help you in your goal of reaching 25,000.
Cindy McNabb
Deputy Director
Nativity House

Lynn,

It was terrific to meet you and Patrick! Raising awareness about people in need in our communities is a wonderful project, and I very much envy your walk - it's a singular way to very much appreciate the beauty that surrounds us every day.

Bill Schmidt
Noel House
Seattle, Washington

Hi Lynn,

What you are doing has so touched my heart. I do hope you will come by and talk to my residents. It will give them some great hope and encouragement.

Linda Maples,
Case manager
A Clean and Sober Place
Tacoma, Washington

Hi Lynn,

Great idea! I am happy to support this. Keep us updated and let us know how to join you as you walk through Oregon!

Annie
Family Bridge
Portland, Oregon

Lynn,

Of course I will walk with you --- much longer than the mile or two you are asking. Keep me posted when you will be in the LA area. Walk on!

Valerie McCaffrey
Casting Director
Los Angeles, CA

Lynn,

Thank you so much for your time and for telling me your story. I think this is a story needing to be told, and I think this will change the lives of many people who have misconceptions of the homeless. Good luck on your journey!

Nick Newman
Online Content manager/reporter
Mormon Times

No comments: