What is Faith?

Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see. ~ Hebrews 11:1

Friday, August 13, 2010

Turn Around, Look at Me




I don’t understand why anyone would live like that. He’s an old man. He’s filthy, he stinks. He’s disgusting.

There is someone walking behind you,
turn around, look at me.

I look at the picture of my little girl I haven't seen in more than 20 years. I miss her terribly, my Lizzie. She's the reason I'm still alive.

There is someone watching your footsteps,
turn around, look at me

I found a photo of my dad in my mom's belongings. I hadn't seen it for years. My dad had left when I was just 9 years old. I always wondered if he was still alive? If he is, where is he? Why did he leave? Mom told me he came back from Vietnam a different person.

There is someone who really needs you,
here's my heart in my hand.


Why am I alive and they weren't? I started doing heroine in the jungles of Vietnam. I would do anything to numb the pain of losing his friends one by one. But the drugs hurt my family. So I left. It was the best thing for them.

Turn around, (turn around,) look at me,
(look at me,) understand, understand,


This wasn’t what I meant when I told the pastor I wanted to volunteer where I was needed most. I’d rather be somewhere else than here serving meals at a homeless shelter.

That there's someone who'll stand beside you.
Turn around, look at me.


That could be her. She has that little mole right above her left eye. Wouldn’t that be something if it was her?

And there's someone who'll love and guide you.
Turn around, look at me
.


Who laughed? Who was it? It’s my father. I know it is. I will always remember his laugh. Where is he?

I've waited, but I'll wait forever for you to come to me.

It is you Lizzie! My little lady bug, all grown up. Don't look. I don't want you to see me like this.

Look at someone (look at someone) who really loves you,

Daddy? Daddy is that you?

yeah, really loves you.

Lizzie. I miss you. You do see me don't you? Can you really see past the drugs, past the dirt? Please see me Lizzie. See Me.

Turn around, look at me.

It’s okay daddy. We’ll get through this together.

Turn around. Look at me.

1 comment:

Salmagundi said...

I am new to this whole world of blogging, so I hope I am leaving a comment correctly. Is there any other way to contact you? I have been reading your blog tonight and I am fascinated, but I can't read enough to get myself all up-to-date in one night. I am trying to find the original story of your walk? I am reading and reading... and trying to think of ways I could be helpful.

Cheri
www.freelance-mom.blogspot.com